Rugged and Beautiful
Our tipis are designed to be both rugged and beautiful. We use only the finest canvas on the market, producing tipis up to 30’ diameter in both symmetrical and leaned-back styles. We have light and heavy-duty canvas options. We can provide liners, ozans, ropes, lacing pins and ground pegs along with custom painting. Poles are available seasonally, however on a limited basis.
From time to time, we will deliver and set up tipis. We love doing this! Please contact us with as much notice as possible if you are interested.
Sewn Home makes tipis in both symmetrical and leaned-back styles. The symmetrical style is the easiest to set up and is our most popular design. Leaned-back tipis are meant for withstanding long periods of hard west winds. For most forested regions, the symmetrical tipi is ideal, for the prairies or coastal locations, a leaned-back style may be better suited. We make our tipis in both 10.6oz and 13oz canvas. 13oz is our most popular weight as it will last significantly longer.
- All of our doorways are 6’ tall and 3’ wide; wide enough to be wheelchair accessible when the bottom is unpinned. Our door flaps accept 4’-5’ long poles to weigh down the door. Our doorways have rain shingles at the top which direct water away from the doorway so they will not drip whether the door is open or closed.
- Lacing pin holes are heavily reinforced and come pre-slit.
- All stress points are appropriately reinforced.
- Setup instructions are included with your tipi and extra support is available via phone or internet.
- When purchasing a tipi with a liner, door, pins and pegs, a 10% discount applies on the whole kit.
- Poles are best ordered well in advance as harvesting is not always possible, and once the trees are harvested and peeled, they need time to dry out and be treated. In perfect weather and road conditions, a set of poles can be shipped to you in less than two weeks. Orders between November and April may not be ready to ship until May or even June.
All prices are in Canadian funds and are subject to 13% HST. Shipping is not included. A 50% minimum deposit is required to place an order, the balance is due before shipping.
*For a stove jack instead of an opening on a full Ozan, add $75